How we respect privacy when we deal with personal information collected by our organisation
If you have any comments or questions about this notice, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
1. Personal data that we process
The following table explains the types of data we collect and the legal basis, under current data protection legislation, on which this data is processed.
|Purpose||Data (key elements)||Basis|
|Enquiring about our organisation and its work||Name, email, message||Legitimate interests – it is necessary for us to read and store your message so that we can respond in the way that you would expect.|
|Subscribing to email updates about our work||Name, email||Consent – you have given your active consent.|
|Making a donation||Name, email, address, payment information||Legitimate interests – this information is necessary for us to fulfill your intention of donating money and your expectation of receiving a confirmation message.|
|Signing up as a member||Name, email, contact details and address||Legitimate interests – Registration for Members opportunities.|
|Website functionality||Website activity collected through cookies||Legitimate interests – it is necessary for us to store a small amount of information, usually through cookies, to deliver functionality that you would expect, such as remembering the contents of your order before you have fully completed the process.|
|Volunteers||Name, email, contact details and address||Legitimate interests – Registration for Volunteer opportunities.|
|Board of Trustees||Name, email, contact details and address||Legal obligation – Communication regarding meetings, governance matters.|
|Employees||Name, email, address and contact details. HR record, finance info.||Performance of contract – Fulfilment of role, payment of salary|
|Users of our social media||Name, Facebook, Instagram or twitter addresses are held on platform||Performance of Contract – Analysis of usage. Details not shared|
How does Helping Little Angels use your information?
Helping Little Angels uses the information about you to help understand more about how our site is used and so we can send you communications that may be of interest to you, either electronically or otherwise.
What security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of my information?
When you give Helping Little Angels personal information, it may be stored and processed within the UK and we take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely.
Data transmission over the internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Helping Little Angels strive to protect your personal information, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
2. How we use your data.
We will only use your data in a manner that is appropriate considering the basis on which that data was collected, as set out in the table at the top of this policy.
For example, we may use your personal information to:
– Reply to enquiries you send to us;
– Handle donations or other transactions that you initiate;
– Where you have specifically agreed to this, send you marketing communications by email relating to our work which we think may be of interest to you.
– Updates on appeals, events and project feedback
– Processing Gift Aid
– Confirmation of donations and event registrations
– To personalise the service, we provide you
– To improve our website, services and projects
3. Privacy statement for our employees, Members and volunteers.
Helping Little Angels may use your personal information to:
– Applying for a position with Helping Little Angels or contact us in relation to volunteering for Helping Little Angels or fundraising on our behalf.
– As part of the everyday administration. For example:
1 – You let us know if there is a change to your personal data.
2 – You apply for or notify us of leave.
3 – You make a formal complaint or raise a concern.
Why do we collect and use your personal data?
– To recruit and select employees, members and volunteers.
– To enable payment of salary, tax, pension contributions and expenses.
– To manage your contract with us. For example, processing leaves requests and maintaining appropriate levels of conduct and performance etc.
– To meet legal obligations. For example, we may process your personal data (including sensitive data such as physical or mental health) to protect your health and safety and to fulfil our equal opportunities obligations etc.
– To take appropriate action if a formal complaint or concern is raised, including safeguarding.
– To run background checks in accordance with our due diligence policies and procedures.
– To keep you informed of, and to improve our strategy, plans, activities and services. For example, we welcome and encourage your feedback, and in some cases might actively seek this.
– Other employees might access your personal data where this is required for work purposes. Where this is the case, the organisation relies on all employees to access and use personal data in accordance with their obligations under our data protection policy.
4. When we share your data.
We will only pass your data to third parties in the following circumstances:
– You have provided your explicit consent for us to pass data to a named third party;
– We are using a third party purely for the purposes of processing data on our behalf and we have in place a data processing agreement with that third party that fulfils our legal obligations in relation to the use of third party data processors; or
– We are required by law to share your data.
In addition, we will only pass data to third parties outside of the EU where appropriate safeguards are in place as defined by Article 46 of the General Data Protection Regulation.
With whom does Helping Little Angels share my information?
When you are on the Helping Little Angels website and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information with Helping Little Angels alone unless stated otherwise. When making donations in the secure online shopping pages, you go through to PayPal, and it is clear on the donation page when you are going through to the PayPal site. The information you give, like your credit card number and contact information, is provided so that the transaction can take place.
Helping Little Angels does not disclose any of your personally information, except when we have your permission or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it. Helping Little Angels does not sell or rent user information to anyone.
5. How long we keep your data
We take the principles of data minimisation and removal seriously and have internal policies in place to ensure that we only ever ask for the minimum amount of data for the associated purpose and delete that data promptly once it is no longer required.
6. Rights you have over your data
You have a range of rights over your data, which include the following:
– Where data processing is based on consent, you may revoke this consent at any time and we will make it as easy as possible for you to do this (for example by putting ‘unsubscribe’ links at the bottom of all our marketing emails).
– You have the right to ask for rectification and/or deletion of your information.
– You have the right of access to your information.
– You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner if you feel your rights have been infringed.
A full summary of your legal rights over your data can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website here: https://ico.org.uk/
If you would like to access the rights listed above, or any other legal rights you have over your data under current legislation, please get in touch with us.
Please note that relying on some of these rights, such as the right to deleting your data, will make it impossible for us to continue to deliver some services to you. However, where possible we will always try to allow the maximum access to your rights while continuing to deliver as many services to you as possible.
7. Cookies & usage tracking
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is downloaded on to your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are used by many websites and can do a number of things, eg remembering your preferences, recording what you have put in your shopping basket, and counting the number of people looking at a website.
8. How to make a complaint
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please contact us in the first instance:
Telephone: 07847 789 663
Post: 1046 Stratford Road, Hall Green, Birmingham B28 8BJ
If you are unhappy with how we deal with your complaint or concern you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO can be contacted at: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
Helping Little Angels is committed to safeguarding your privacy online.
The following above policies enables you to understand how your personal information is used.
These may change from time to time so please check back periodically.